Kamado Joe Classic Joe Review
Kamado Joe has been a strong competitor in threatening the Big Green Egg company’s kamado grill market share. The Kamado Joe KJ23RH Classic Joe Grill is good reason. The Kamado Joe Classic aims to set a higher standard on the craftsmanship of kamado style grills. It features Kamado Joe’s innovative “Divide and Conquer” cooking system to give added versatility. It also boasts a large amount of cooking space for preparing bigger meals. For the price, it also comes with shelves, a stand with wheels, and useful accessories.
- Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking System: This cooking system is unique to the Kamado Joe line. This design allows you to create different heat zones. You can partially block off heat so that you can cook with indirect heat and open flame at the same time.
- Expanded Cooking Space: This grill features a multi-level layout so you can avoid overcrowding. Upon opening, the grill space is 254 square inches. However, thanks to the tiered grate system, you can expand your cooking space up to 660 square inches. This makes it easier to cook your meats with your vegetable and other sides all at once.
- Patented Slide Out Ash Drawer: With other kamado grill cookers, you generally have to sweep out the ash that collects below the fire box. Kamado Joe has revolutionized this small task by adding a drawer that collects the ash, and can be emptied with ease.
- Thick Walled, Heat Resistant Shell: The exterior is crafted with thick materials to lock in smoke and moisture. Not only does this improve the quality of your food, its premium insulation also allows you to cook in low temperatures. This is a great grill if you want to cook year round.
What We Liked
It’s hard to use a Kamado Joe grill and not be impressed by their Divide and Conquer cooking system. Expanding up to an impressive 660 square inches of cooking space, you can easily entertain a large dinner party. This kind of innovation is difficult to find on any other grilling system out of the box. It is also easy to bring this grill up to high temperatures that exceed 600F degrees. As a result, it does a wonderful job of baking homemade pizzas and searing steaks.
Conversely, keeping the temps down to 225 was a breeze, making long and slow smokes an easy chore. The divide and conquer system allows servicing your charcoal supply during the cook, and the pull out ashtray keeps your waste from blocking your airflow.
The added accessories, free delivering through Amazon, and no fuss installation saving you several hundreds over the Big Green Egg. No need to buy a “nest”, as a rolling stand comes with it, as do shelves and a grips for the ash trey.
What to Look Out For
The Kamado Joe Classic grill and smoker is very heavy, so it is not ideal for anyone who will need to move it around. You will definitely need at least two people to assemble it as well. Although I haven’t run into this personally, there have been a few reports of poor quality control from the company, but Kamado Joe is quick to make things right. However, most Kamado Joe Classic owners are quite thrilled with their grills, and the Kamado Grille restaurant uses Kamado Joe in their kitchen, so you know they’ve got to be reliable.
Kamado Joe Classic Verdict
The Kamado Joe Classic an excellent grill with a cooking system that makes it difficult to compare to other models as far as innovation. Whether the Kamado Joe model is right for you really depends on how much value you place on the bells and whistles. Yes, the Divide and Conquer system makes it very easy and efficient to cook a large meal. Yes, there’s an entire restaurant, mentioned earlier in this article, that uses them every day to cook for customers. However, if you are only looking for a basic grill that simply “does the job” then you can save yourself some money by opting for a more affordable option like the Pit Boss cooker or Akorn Grill. The Kamado Joe, however, is definitely one of the best premium kamado grills for the money, and the most direct alternative to the Big Green Egg prices.
Kamado Joe Classic vs Vision Grills C-Series Professional Bundle
Free shipping3 new from $ 962.04
1 used from $ 400.62
as of March 24, 2017 2:43 pm
as of March 24, 2017 2:43 pm
- Premium 18" Ceramic Grill with Sturdy Cart, Locking Wheels
- Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking System Included
- Patented Slide-Out Ash Drawer
- Ash Tool and Grate Gripper Included
- Ability to move between temperatures of 200Degree and 700Degree+ in minutes
- Superior heat retention creates more eco-friendly coal consumption and reduced ash
- The self contained cooking environment eliminates hot spots and flare ups
- Ceramic construction eliminates exterior contact burn risk and allows for year-round grilling...
BEST BUILT, Flat out the best ceramic grill on the planet! That may be a bold statement, but we invite you to look under the hood and see for yourself! If you compare Kamado Joe Ceramic Grill with other ceramic grills on the market, you'll soon recognize that Kamado Joe's the best built grill on the market and that fit and finish are second to none! But there's a lot more to a Kamado Joe grill than meets the eye. MOST VERSATILE. We may call Kamado Joe a grill, but it's really that and a whole lot more. A key advantage of Kamado Joe's ceramic vessel is its ability to insulate. Not only does this require less total heat for cooking, it also lets you cook at significantly higher temperatures or at very low temperatures for a significantly longer time. Combine this with the ability to not only control, but fine-tune temperature, and you get a grill that is extremely versatile. Grill, Smoke, Sear, Bake. BEST WARRANTY. We back them like we build them. Boldly and better than anyone else! Kamado Joe comes with a Lifetime Warranty on ceramic parts and free shipping on all warranty parts.
Grill, sear or even smoke within minutes. - Dual calibrated bottom draft knobs combined with the top calibrated draft vent provides the ability to move between temperatures of 200Degree and 700Degree+ in minutes. Thick ceramic construction and design delivers a convection cooking environment for even cooking, superior temperature control and heat retention. Superior heat retention creates more eco-friendly coal consumption and reduced ash. The self contained cooking environment eliminates hot spots and flare ups. The patent pending Vision Grills Kamado Pro was developed to offer contemporary design, color and size to fit in any setting. Ceramic construction eliminates exterior contact burn risk and allows for year-round grilling from negative 30Degree to over 100Degree weather. Non-breakable parts eliminate the hassle of gas grills including; corrosion of burners, inoperable electronic igniters', non-electric starters and inconsistent flame controls. The patent pending Vision Grills Kamado Pro comes complete with a stainless steel cart with 2 locking casters for ease of mobility, 2 solid-surface drop down side shelves and a 2-tier flip stainless steel cooking grate for easy addition of charcoal and 596 square Inch of grill space, the highest on the market.
- EAN: 0811738020228
- MPN: KJ23RH
- UPC: 811738020228
- Model: KJ23RH
- Part Number: KJ23RH
- EAN: 0850723003075
- MPN: C-4C1F1
- UPC: 850723003075
- Model: CF1F1
- Part Number: C-4C1F1