Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone Grill Review
When thinking of dual zone grills, one usually thinks of gas. The ability to adjust various burners allows you to cook different types of foods at varying temperatures, ensuring that your meal comes out cooked just right, and on time. Being able to do the same with a charcoal dual zone grill gives you the best of both worlds…control and charcoal! The Dyna-Glo Dual Zone Premium Charcoal grill offers a solid construction, two work-space shelves, dual charcoal shelves for independent heat levels, a double-walled lid, and 576 inches of primary cooking.
- (2) charcoal basket adjustment tray systems for the ultimate heat control options and cooking flexibility
- (4) cast iron porcelain enameled heavy duty cooking grates retain heat to sear foods and lock in natural juices
- Stainless steel lid assembly with double-wall liner, Stainless steel smoke stack with adjustable flu cap, side vents
- Heavy duty 8″ resin wheels with 3″ locking casters provide excellent maneuverability, side shelves, storage basket and bottle opener
- 816 square Inch of total cooking area offers cooking space for all your grilling needs; Grill up to 30 hamburgers at one time
- Protect your grill with a custom-fit Dyna-Glo premium cover – Model # DG576CC (Sold Separately)
Out of the Box and Setup
For the size and weight, it’s easy to set up. It’s well packed, and the instructions are adequate. Consider some Nomex, a tube of food grade silicone, and a couple of sheets of sheet metal, with assorted screws, to modify it for maximum temperature consistency. You can seal several damper holes, and use the Nomex strips on the lip of the lid, the firebox, and the door openings to seal any gaps. Consider lining the ash catcher with foil for easy clean up. The great thing about purchasing this grill from Amazon is that it ships free, even without Amazon Prime.
The killer feature of this dual zone charcoal grill is the divided fireboxes, with adjustment cranks for fine-tuning temperature. It’s almost gas-like in its consistency, especially when employing modifications mentioned in the previous section. The removable, large-capacity pan is great for clearing ash and grease. The grates are stainless steal with a porcelain finish, our favorite. The smoke stack is an additional bonus for controlling temperature and flavor. The common thread here is granular control The dual steel doors give you access to the coals, and allow you to add briquettes during the cooking process. This is a fantastic feature. Unlike many grills, it has a heavy duty wheel set, with a fixed set of wheels and two on casters for easily moving it into position.
Dyna-Glo says its dual zone grill has 576-inches of primary cooking area and can handle 30 burgers, and they weren’t kidding. Additional food can be smoked or warmed on an additional 140-inches of cooking space. This grill can run hot, so watch the the built-in temperature gauge and adjust accordingly.
Dyna-Glow DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone Grill Compatible Cover
Recommended Charcoal Grill Accessories