The grill market isn’t like fancy tech; televisions, cell phones, computers, and other products come and go with the advancement of time. But with grills, there are seldom shifts in ground-breaking ways to cook. There are refinements, evolutions, and other differentiators, but by and large, newer grills bring conveniences, and not necessarily better tasting food. That’s why most people hang onto their grills until they break down, which can be years or even decades.
However, there have been several new models that have come out in the past year, and we think it’s worthy to do a roundup article to let you know what’s out there should you be in the market for something new. We’re going to sort them by category and let you be the judge!
New Gas Grills for 2017
Weber 61004001 Genesis II LX S-340 Liquid Propane Grill, Stainless Steel
2 used from $ 1,082.07
- GS4 Grilling System includes three high performance stainless steel burners with stainless steel Flavorizer bars
- New Grease Management System reduces risk of dangerous flare-ups and makes grease removal easy
- 7mm stainless steel cooking grates provide 513 square inches of cooking space with 156 square inch Tuck-Away warming rack overhead
- Infinity Ignition ensures that by turning the knob, the gas will ignite and start each burner with ease, and is backed by a generous warranty
- Flush-mounted side burner is perfect for preparing side dishes and sauces
Wow, did Weber outdo themselves on this one. Available in either liquid propane or natural gas, and either stainless steel or black, the Weber Genesis II LX S-340 really "turns on the jets." This is a fine example of a company refining their craft. This grill is decked out with features. It's compatible with Weber's iGrill3 Bluetooth management module. It also features a lit handle to see your food in the dark, as well as lit knobs. The heating element provides front to back, even distribution of heath through flavor bars. A grease management system prevents flare-ups, and a side burner allows you to multi-task.
The GS4 High Performance Grilling System sets a new standard in the world of backyard cuisine, and lands the Genesis II LX in a class of its own. This innovative grilling system is based on over 30 years of grilling experience, culinary expertise, and most importantly, avidly considering the wants and needs of the people who matter most – the grilling community. Each component of GS4 was uniquely designed for ease-of-use and to provide an unequaled satisfaction to your backyard grilling experience. Promising burners that are ensured to ignite every time, smoke infused food that grills evenly and consistently regardless of where it’s placed on the cooking grate, and hassle free cleanup; you are able to focus on what it’s is all about – bringing people together around the grill. The GS4 grilling system is composed of four key components: The Infinity Ignition, High Performance Burners, Flavorizer Bars, and Grease Management System. These components ensure that every aspect of your grilling experience is easy and reliable; from the moment the burners are lit to the general maintenance of your grill. And together, create the strongest grilling engine within this Genesis II LX grill.
We’ve got a more complete list of the best gas grills for you as well.
New Charcoal Grills for 2017
Smoke Hollow Pro Series Heavy-Duty 36" Charcoal Wagon BBQ Grill
- Charcoal grilling doesn't have to be a chore any longer ... The Smoke Hollow Pro Series Charcoal Wagon BBQ Grill has the features you're looking for to enjoy authentic, charcoal BBQ-flavored cooking outdoors.
- Easy-lift cast-iron cooking grid system makes the initial charcoal loading a breeze. And while you're cooking, if you need to add more charcoal, the heavy-duty cast-iron front door makes this simple and easy to do.
- An easy-lift charcoal basket lets you adjust the charcoal heat right where you want it and get those hamburgers or steaks cooked just right. Add a commercial-quality heat indicator, and upper and lower draft controls, and you'll be charcoal grilling like a master BBQ chef.
- Sturdy, steel slat side tables add extra room for food prep, sauces and BBQ tools. And when you're done, the slide ash drawer makes cleanup fast and easy.
- Assembled Dimensions: 66" L x 24" W x 47.75" H
The Smoke Hollow Pro Series charcoal wagon BBQ grill is an impressive product for the price. Featuring a generous 600 sq inches of grilling space, in a wide configuration, this grill allows you to add charcoal even if you have food on the grill. Thanks to the front fold-down door, you do not have to lift the grill to add charcoal, as you do with so many other charcoal grills. In addition, you can easily set the height of the charcoal tray, and control the heat from both the left and the right side to create different temperature zones, or create a fantastic smoker configuration with a combination of charcoal placement and off-set meat and exhaust. A definitely must-have for those who are into serious charcoal grilling.
Charcoal grilling doesn't have to be a chore any longer ... The Smoke Hollow Pro Series Charcoal Wagon BBQ Grill has the features you're looking for to enjoy authentic, charcoal BBQ-flavored cooking outdoors. Easy-lift cast-iron cooking grid system makes the initial charcoal loading a breeze. And while you're cooking, if you need to add more charcoal, the heavy-duty cast-iron front door makes this simple and easy to do. An easy-lift charcoal basket lets you adjust the charcoal heat right where you want it and get those hamburgers or steaks cooked just right. Add a commercial-quality heat indicator, and upper and lower draft controls, and you'll be charcoal grilling like a master BBQ chef. Sturdy, steel slat side tables add extra room for food prep, sauces and BBQ tools. And when you're done, the slide ash drawer makes cleanup fast and easy. Features: •600 square inches of total cooking area •Heavy-duty cast-iron cooking grids with easy-lift handle for initial charcoal loading •Fold-down cast-iron front door for easy charcoal loading during BBQ •Adjustable, easy-lift charcoal basket •Upper and lower adjustable draft controls •Commercial heat indicator •Sturdy, steel slat side tables •Slide-out ash drawer for easy cleanup •For outdoor use only Assembled Dimensions: 66" L x 24" W x 47.75" H
Looking for a comprehensive list? Check out our best charcoal grills of 2016.
New Kamado Oven Grills for 2017
If you’re a regular reader of Chargrills, you’ll know that we have a thing for Kamado ovens and grills. But we also look beyond the “green egg.” Read our comprehensive article on big green egg prices.
Kamado Joe Classic II Freestanding Grills, Blaze Red
1 used from $ 1,079.10
- Breakthrough air lift hinge reduces dome weight by 96%.
- Exclusive divide & conquer flexible cooking system multilevel, half-rack design doubles cooking space and frees you to cook different foods on different levels and on different cooking surfaces
- Patented, all-aluminum, no-rust, rain-proof control Tower top vent Maintains consistent air setting for precise airflow Management
- All-new, double-thick wire mesh fiberglass gasket offers superior air-tight seal and 10 times the life of normal industry gaskets
- New advanced multi-panel firebox six-piece design eliminates breakage
A new hinge sets this 2017 upgrade to the well-loved Kamado oven and grill. Eliminating 95% of the weight of the lid of the Kamado, it's a welcome relief and delivers peace of mind knowing that the lid won't slam shut when you're cooking! This 300 pound monster comes with all the staples of a Kamado Joe, including the Divide and Conquer multi-level, ultra-versatile inserts for roasting, smoking, and slow-cooking.
The Kamado Joe classic II sets a new standard for craftsmanship & innovation. The classic II features a thick-walled, heat-resistant shell that locks in smoke & moisture at any temperature. Beneath the easy-open lid, a large cooking surface crafted from commercial-grade 304 stainless steel provides ample space for 10-12 fillets or chicken breasts. Other standard features include a flexible divide & conquer cooking system, a heavy-duty rolling cast iron cart, a precision ventilation dial & a patented slide-out ash drawer for easy access & cleaning.
New Electric Smokers for 2017
Smoke Hollow D4015SSS 40-Inch Digital Electric Smoker with Smoke-Tronix Bluetooth Technology, Stand Included, Stainless Steel
- 40" cabinet provides 4.5 cubic feet or 1035 sq. Inches of cooking space
- Integrated meat probe, large digital display, LED light for better visibility
- Dual elements for faster, more even cooking, 3-smoke options cold smoke/ hot smoke/ fast smoke
- Easy fill water Port on side of smoker and large capacity wood chip drawer
- Includes wheels for easy access and mobility
Smoke hollow makes it on this list twice, and this electric smoker is definitely worth being included. Dual heating elements, easy to access water tray, integrated Bluetooth, as well as LED lighting make this a stand-out electric smoker for 2017.
Smoke Tronix Digital Smoker with Bluetooth capability is here to make your smoking experience easier & more enjoyable. Our mobile app allows you to operate your smoker from any smart device. The 40" cabinet has dual elements which allows for faster smoking & more even cooking. Smoke Tronix is the first smoker to offer a "cold smoking" setting, which allows you to smoke fish & cheeses without overcooking. The "fast smoke" setting will get your wood chips smoking in fifteen Min, rather than waiting & waiting for the chips to smolder. The Smoke Tronix was designed by smokers, with the smoker in mind. Check out our app on iOS or Google play & see the difference.
Want to learn more about electric smokers? Check out our guide on best electric smokers!